You can come across plenty of individuals nowadays who believed that reflexology is a kind of foot massage. Should you be among these people, then be sure to continue reading this article to enlighten your mind and to get additional insights about it. After you read this write-up, it will not just broaden your knowledge about reflexology but will also change your perception about it.
Definition of Reflexology
Actually, reflexology is the term used to describe one type of massage that involves the gentle and slow manipulation of our body’s pressure points to remove blockage from the pathways so that the energy can flow in. This positive energy will not just enliven our bodies but it will also help in healing itself. When a person undergo reflexology, the massage therapist will apply mild so as to achieve deep relaxation as well as return the body’s state-of-balance. Some also call reflexology as zone therapy.
It is an ancient healing therapy that originated from China to relieve stress as well as treat pain in various parts of the body. With reflexology, the Chinese people had balanced as well as healthy lives. Because of the benefits it brings to us, reflexology is now practiced not just in Asia but also in other regions worldwide. These days, it is already possible to get reflexology services from big and small massage parlors and health spas everywhere.
How We Can Benefit from Reflexology?
Actually, everyone can benefit from reflexology, irrespective of age, gender and health conditions, because it is one non-invasive therapy. Studies show that numerous men and women used reflexology in treating arthritic, mobility as well as pain problems. This particular method is also known far and wide in treating different kinds of psychological and physical issues. Showcased underneath are the other benefits offered by reflexology:
1. There are lots of individuals out there who make use of reflexology in treating various types of body pains.
2. You can use this particular method to relax your body.
3. This is proven to be effective in enhancing blood circulation and flow.
4. It regulates cholesterol.
5. It is also effective in regulating blood pressure.
6. It is also proven to be effective in stimulating the functions of the nerves inside our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also used in improving the immune system of our bodies.
7. Reflexology is also utilized as a complement in cancer care and treatment to ease the cancer patients’ vomiting, pain, anxiety and nausea.
8. Numerous reports also show that doctors use it in easing pregnant women through delivery as well as post partum effects after they give birth.
9. There are also those who undergo reflexology to treat various ailments like thyroid disorders, kidney problems, allergies, skin diseases, asthma, insomnia and many more.